Hope you all have a nice Valentine weekend! Not doing anything really special here. I don't really care for the commercialization of forced romance. Bah humbug. I know I sound like a jerk. Craig does sweet stuff all the time and I really don't need a Hallmark day and crowded restaurants.
I learned all I needed to know about Valentine's Day the first year we were married. Our very first Valentine's day was spent with me recovering from a foot operation that required them to re-break my foot and insert a pin. I was on crutches & in pain. Then Craig accidentally sat on my glasses and I was rendered blind as well. I could not stop laughing! It was about as far from romantic as you could get and I thought it was hilarious. The only individual with romance on the brain was my dog, who went into heat before we could have her altered. It was a fantastic day had by all. Craig, who has a great sense of humor, managed to salvage the day by making me dinner and dramatically presenting me with a pretty heart necklace. We ate a ton of chocolate and watched TV together. It's the stuff that memories are made of.
This year is fun in a much different way. We are making valentine's for my son to take to preschool for all of his friends. That made me think. I don't need a special Hallmark day to show Craig how much I care, but it's a great day to remind me to tell my family & friends how much they mean to me. That will be my focus this year.
I love you all. God bless you all. Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment