The 2012 Summer Olympics start on July 27 in London! Are you as excited as I am? Impossible. I am an Olympic nut. Would I ever want to go and actually attend the Olympics? Absolutely not. I love people, but I hate crowds. I prefer to eat ice cream from the comfort of my own sofa while debating technicalities of physical feats I cannot begin to do. It’s fun to be a critic! All jokes aside, I think it’s amazing the amount of commitment and money these athletes put into developing their skill and training. Just for this event! I also think it’s inspiring to watch the opening and closing ceremonies and see all of these countries around the world together. The Olympics are way more uniting than the United Nations. That’s for sure.
If you are an Olympic fan, I know you have your favorite events you will be tuning in for every night to cheer for America. In the summer Olympics, I enjoy swimming, diving and gymnastics and I rarely miss them. In the winter, I make sure to see ice skating, ski jumping and the luge. The International Olympic Committee heavily debates each and every event before they are accepted as part of the games. Surprisingly, even curling passed this committee. Since curling and synchronized swimming are considered sports, I have a few of my own I’d like to run by them.
*Check out line race. Whoever can get in line, unload all items onto the belt, pay the cashier and leave with bagged items first, wins! You do not want me in your check out line. Mine is guaranteed to be the slowest. Even if I change lines! People who can do this quickly leave me amazed. My husband will take home a medal.
*Making it to the Ruby Tuesday’s salad buffet before that sizable party of 8. I don’t need to explain that one.
*Speed Diaper Changing. (I can already hear the National Anthem playing in my head.) Changing the diaper of a rowdy 7 month old (I know one) who has no real understand of gravity. I am unbelievably fast. I have trained diligently to bring home the gold.
*Road construction derby. It would be an ugly game, not unlike roller derby. You ignored all of those cones and the big orange signs that said the right lane was closing and now you want to get in my lane? Unlikely, but bring it on. Show us what you have.
*Fake awake. Who can nap the most inconspicuously through mandatory training at work.
*Swing on webs like Spiderman. A suggestion from my 4 yr old. Probably the only Olympic-like event I have listed here.
Take some time during the two weeks of games to watch America bring it home! These men & women have worked so hard and just watching them succeed builds morale here in the states. This is definitely one great time to be proud to be an American!
No comments:
Post a Comment