All my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
-Hillsong
I have several friends struggling with cancer. I cannot say God is good just because I don’t have it.
What I can say is that God is good. Period. Not just for the things he has done but for who he is. His goodness isn’t dependent on events but in the character he shows us in the arch of scripture. His faithfulness, his grace, his power of healing here or in Heaven. God is good no matter if my diagnosis or yours is bad or good. Even if it doesn’t work out like we want, God is still God and there is reason to worship.
I know this is a complicated idea and not everyone shares my view of it. I completely understand that because this is hard and not borne of ease. This is the view that slowly formed in me during so many heartbreaking years of failed treatments for Craig. It still carries me when all hope seems gone and I feel alone & scared. It is the quiet push when every good idea and plan seems to dissolve. When even the sun doesn’t seem to shine, this is my constant. God is good, he can be nothing else. Even if my soul says it’s not well, it is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment