Friday, November 5, 2010

Hoo Hoo to you!

My little guy's third birthday is next month. I cannot even believe how the time has flown! I remember when the days were much slower. Some how or another, at the moment of childbirth, time moves into hyperdrive! There is just no way that those impossibly long nights with a colicky newborn are long gone. I didn't think they'd ever end! I'm so glad that's over! But I certainly don't feel that way about everything.

To distract me from my melancholy for my baby of no more, he is turning into a charming little boy. Really, if given the choice to go back to those sweet baby days or stay where I am, I would be terribly torn. I like this guy! Not to say he is perfect...no one is. But he's pretty cool, for sure.

I love how he messes up the language. I correct most things, of course. But sometimes it's really cute! He says "Happy Birthday Hoo Hoo!" Instead of "to you". It's just how he heard it and that's the way it is to him, no matter what we say. Recently, he has been talking a lot about his upcoming birthday. He now refers to it as his "Hoo Hoo" like some kind of toddler slang for reasons unbeknownst to us. "Momma, is it my Hoo Hoo yet?" "No dear. Next month." He has lots of plans for his birthday as well. He recently discussed those at Tommy's Pizza over lunch in the megaphone loud indoor voice he uses in public. "I think I want pizza and ice cream cones on my happy Hoo Hoo." Oh no! I started laughing despite myself. Pretty sure any eavesdropper would have no idea he was talking about his birthday! I decided then and there that the Hoo Hoo days were numbered. We've got to work on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment