Wherever you are today, I hope you have been able to find time in your day for a bit of quiet reflection. Even if it's just before your eyes close from turkey overload!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
thankfulness
When Craig & I first moved to Massachusetts in 2004, we spent our first Thanksgiving there with just each other & the dog. He fixed cornish game hens and asparagus...can't remember what else we had. It was wonderful! It's in my book as one of my most favorite Thanksgivings. Sitting at a card table 678 miles from home...with snow falling! Later, we made homemade pumpkin pies (with homemade whipped cream) and took them to the guys on duty at the air station. We sat out there trading stories for a few hours. Definitely not the typical Thanksgiving, but it touched my heart in a deep way. I had missed being at home for Thanksgiving a few times in the past for various reasons, but not like that. I was completely removed from my comfort zone and suffering from a tough dose of homesickness. We decided to make our Thanksgiving our very own. It was a special day and I was so thankful for so many things. It made me thankful for my husband. It turned our base house into a home. Especially thankful to God from whom all blessings flow. It still hits me. I looked around the table today; back home where I am thankful to be. I looked at the children, adults. all that food! So many blessings in one place.
Wherever you are today, I hope you have been able to find time in your day for a bit of quiet reflection. Even if it's just before your eyes close from turkey overload!
Wherever you are today, I hope you have been able to find time in your day for a bit of quiet reflection. Even if it's just before your eyes close from turkey overload!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment